Fraternity & Sorority Life

If you have a complaint regarding an organization or individual(s) within the fraternity and sorority community there are various options with how to proceed.  Situations may be handled by one or more organizations or departments.  The Greek Activities Review Panel (GARP) is the judicial body for the fraternity and sorority community at the University of Michigan and it handles various kinds of issues within the community.

The following will direct you appropriately. If you have any questions, you may always contact a staff member in Fraternity & Sorority Life at 734-936-3686 or visit the staff list.

If  you wish to contact an inter/national organization directly - click here for a contact list.

I want to file a complaint regarding a violation of a council’s constitution, bylaws or the Statement for Human Dignity .

I want to appeal a decision from the Social Responsibility Committee (SRC) or GARP.

I have a hazing complaint.

If you feel a person or persons are in immediate danger please call 911.  

  • Contact Fraternity & Sorority Life to discuss with a staff member (734-936-3686)


I want to report a campus climate concern, harassment, or discrimination.

I have an issue with an individual student within the fraternity and sorority community.

I want to report a violation of Panhellenic Recruitment Rules.

  • All reports must be directed to the Panhellenic President - click here

I want to report an issue of student sexual or gender-based misconduct or other form of interpersonal violence.

I have a general complaint with a student organization.

The Center for Campus Involvement handles registration of student organizations and violations by student organizations of university student organization policies and organization governing documents. You may contact them with questions regarding student organizations.

If your concern is not addressed above, please contact Fraternity & Sorority Life.