Primary Recruitment will take place in a virtual format. The dates for Winter 2021 Primary Recruitment are as follows:
- Open House Round: January 21 - 23, 2021
Thursday, January 21 - 7:00pm-9:15pm
Friday, January 22 - 5:00pm to 9:45pm
Saturday, January 23 - 9:30am to 5:15pm
- Philanthropy Round: January 24 - 25, 2021
Sunday, January 24 - 9:20am-8:05pm
Monday, January 25 - 6:10pm to 9:15pm
- Sisterhood Round: January 30, 2021
- Saturday, January 30 - 9:10am - 10:15pm
- Preference Round: January 31, 2021
- Sunday, January 31 Noon to 6:40pm
- Bid Day: February 1, 2021
Please note that individuals will not be attending virtual events through out these times but should plan for availability. Final times are for Open House round depend on the group a student is assgined to and final times for Philanthropy, Sisterhood and Preference Rounds are based on inviations received and when a student is scheduled. Breaks are also built in for longer days.
Primary Recruitment allows women on campus the chance to explore all of our Panhellenic chapters. The Panhellenic Association will have a number of opportunities prior to primary recruitment begins to allow women to meet Panhellenic members, ask questions about the community, and learn more about the recruitment process. Those interested in Primary Recruitment must register prior to the advertised deadline and attend Panhellenic Recruitment Orientation as scheduled to receive all necessary information and to prepare for recruitment. Eligibility verification is seperate from registration and will be completed after fall grades post.
Registration for Winter 2021 Primary Recruitment is open from October 1, 2020 (Noon) to December 15, 2020 (11:59pm EST). For information on how to register, please visit the JOIN US page
Have questions or need more information, drop into the Panhellenic Preview virtual event on December 2, 2020 7pm- 9pm. Click here to register
Primary Recruitment is comprised of four (4) sets of events:
- Open House Round allows women to visit all Panhellenic chapters and learn about our Panhellenic community as a whole.
- Philanthropy Round is focused on sharing their philanthropy and service involvement, a fundamental value of sorority life.
- Sisterhood Round includes housing tours that give a sense of what it is like to live in a sorority house. Participants will learn about finances, new member programs, and other sorority activities.
- Preference Round is a more formal and personal event where members express the meaning of sisterhood and what their sisterhood means to them
As Recruitment progresses, a mutual selection process occurs between sororities and Potential New Members. At the end of Recruitment, sororities extend invitations to join (bids).