October 13, 2023
In response to the ongoing violence in the middle east, the Dean of Students Office has done direct outreach to students who are from the affected areas. Also, out of an abundance of caution, the Department of Public Safety & Security (DPSS) will strategically deploy additional sworn officers and non-sworn personnel throughout campus over the next few days. The increased visibility is to reassure our community while staying alert to any matters of concern.
Official University Communications
Student Support Resources
Dean of Students Office (link)
- This office regularly assists students who are experiencing situations that may be interrupting their academic and campus life. Regular business hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone:734-764-7420.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) (link)
- Call 734-764-8312, email email@example.com or visit caps.umich.edu.
Campus Climate Resource Program (link)
- The Community Concerns Response program encourages responsible behaviors to mitigate risk by responding proactively to reported or noted concerns and coordinating appropriate support from campus and community resources for individuals, student groups, and student organizations.
Department of Public Safety (link)
- Includes current alerts, crime and safety data along with prevention and education information
International Center (link)
- Information and resources for international students regarding their immigration and visa-related needs and challenges, and any travel-related concerns. Call 734-764-9310 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.